- ‘My heart’s in the Highlands’, a 1789 song and poem by Robert Burns sung to the tune ‘Failte na Miosg’ Listen HERE
- Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North,
- The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth;
- Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
- The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.
- My heart’s in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
- My heart’s in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
- Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
- My heart’s in the Highlands, wherever I go.
- Farewell to the mountains, high-cover’d with snow,
- Farewell to the straths and green vallies below;
- Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods,
- Farewell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods.
Categories: Poetry & Quotes