Little Moreton Hall is a moated half-timbered manor house, constructed during the Tudor period, with the earliest part of the house begun in around 1504 to 1508 and the latest addition being completed in 1610.
The Moreton family were wealthy landowners in the area and built the house as a symbol of their prosperity.The house remained in the possession of the Moreton family for almost 450 years, until ownership was transferred to the National Trust in 1938,
The building is highly irregular, with three asymmetrical ranges forming a small, rectangular cobbled courtyard. A National Trust guidebook describes Little Moreton Hall as being “lifted straight from a fairy story, a gingerbread house”.
📷 Via The National Trust