The Little chapel in Ballachulish, Scotland.
The village of Ballachulish lies at the foot of Glen Coe, where the mountains finally give way to Loch Linnhe and the Firth of Lorn.
Built of stone, with a slate roof, this tiny little rectangular building is adorned by a simple wooden cross. Once the Storeroom for the adjacent St Johns church, it was converted to a chapel in the 1700’s.
Barred from their churches under the Penal Laws, with no minister to lead them, parishioners resorted to worshipping “in caves or on the hillsides”; but at Ballachulish at least, they had a roof over their heads.